||Training Course for WSET® Level 1 Award in Wines
- Upon completion of the course, participants would have gained a basic understanding of wine, including the types of wine grapes and wines, as well as the correct techniques for tasting, storing and serving wine.
- Participants will take the WSET Level 1 Examination (Chinese Edition) at the end of the course and upon satisfactory passing the examination, will attain an internationally recognized WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
- The Main Types and Styles of Wine
- Common Types of Wine Grapes and Their Characteristics
- The Principles of Pairing Food and Wine
- Applying the WSET® Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
- Storing and Serving Wine
- WSET Level 1 Examination in Wine (Chinese Edition)
||In-class performance, written examination (multiple choice); see “Remarks” for examination date
- Individuals in the business of wine trading and selling
- Owner-managers in the catering sector
- Individuals who would like to gain professional knowledge of wine
||Applicants must be:
||WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) Approved Educator.
||Official WSET® Copyright Materials
||Handouts in Chinese (supplemented with English terminology)
- Lesson: 8 hours in 4 sessions
- Exam: 1 hours in 1 sessions
- Total: 9 hours in 5 sessions
- Lesson: 19:15-21:15, from Feb 23, 2021 to Mar 4, 2021 every Tuesday, Thursday.
- Exam: 19:15-20:15, Mar 26, 2021 (Friday).
||CPTTM Head Office (Rua de Xangai 175, Edf. ACM 7 Andar, Macau)
- Completion certificate issued by CPTTM (for students who have attained at least 80% attendance and passed the types of assessment stated above) and
- Qualification certification awarded by the relevant public examination authority, if applicable.
- WSET® (The Wine & Spirit Education Trust) is global provider of wine, spirits and sake qualifications. Trusted by the world’s most recognised drinks organisations, WSET has led the design and delivery of wine and spirit education for five decades.
- CPTTM is a WSET® Approved Programme Provider.
- Courseware and examination are included in the course fee.
- This is a professional certification course; to sit for the examination, students must meet the minimum attendance requirement.
- Students who have already attained the WSET® Level 1 Award in Wines Certificate cannot sit for the examination again.
- Enrollment deadline: Feb 18, 2021
- Date of WSET® Examination: 19:15-20:15, Mar 26, 2021
- Before enrolling, please read the following in detail: