||Managerial Skills Enhancement Professional Diploma Series:Managerial Communication
||The course aims to enhance participants' understanding of different communication models and appropriately apply listening, questioning, feedback and presenting techniques to achieve win-win communication in their day-to-day managerial activities, including managing conflicts and change, promoting cross-cultural communication, hosting meetings and enhancing work performance management.
- Win-win communication
- What is communication and the art of communication?
- DISC personality analysis
- Communication models (using PAC and NLP as examples)
- Principles, techniques and disposition towards communication
- Awareness of non-verbal messages and the quality "magic words"
- Enhancing the power to persuade
- Techniques for persuasion
- Strategy for persuasive writing
- Steps to persuasive presentation
- The FAB approach for presentation
- Managerial communication application (1) - Conflict management and negotiation strategy
- Common communication and coordination obstacles in the workplace
- Sources of conflicts and conflict management strategies
- Pros and cons of different conflict management strategies
- Becoming an effective "linking pin" in the organization
- Preparing for negotiation and the 3R principles
- Adopting different negotiation strategies for different types of counterparts
- Handling an impasse
- Managerial communication application (2) –Change management and cross-cultural communication
- The sources of change
- Overcoming resistance to change and setting up a communication mechanism
- Communication as a success factor for change
- Promoting cross-cultural communication through organizational culture
- Managerial communication application (3) - Hosting a meeting
- Planning and preparing a meeting
- How to be an effective host
- Rules for enhancing meeting efficiency
- How to reach consensus and decision
- Managerial communication application (4) –Work performance management
- Methods and application of performance appraisals
- The challenge of performance appraisals
- Enhancing relations and communication with the appraisee during the appraisal
- Handling appraisees who have unsatisfacotory performance / are not cooperative
||In class performance, exercises and test.
- Supervisors, executives and managerial personnel
- Individuals who would like to enhance their managerial skills in communication
||Nil. Priority will be given to individuals who are currently in supervisory or managerial positions.
||CPTTM Appointed Instructor, Corporate Trainer and Headhunting Consultant; Member of the Hong Kong International Coaching Community and Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association; Associate Member of the Hong Kong Mediation Centre. The instructor has over 15 years of working experience in career counselling, staff recruitment, training and development; he is also a part-time lecturer for degree and higher diploma courses.
||Handouts in Chinese (traditional)
- Sunday : 24 hours in 8 sessions
- Wednesday: 12 hours in 4 sessions
- Total: 36 hours in 12 sessions
- Sunday : 09:30-12:30, 13:30-16:30, from Mar 31, 2019 to May 5, 2019 every Sunday, excluding Apr 7, 2019(Sunday), Apr 21, 2019(Sunday).
- Wednesday: 18:30-21:30, from Apr 3, 2019 to Apr 24, 2019 every Wednesday.
||CPTTM Head Office (Rua de Xangai 175, Edf. ACM 7 Andar, Macau)
||Certificate of Completion/Merit issued by CPTTM (with at least 80% attendance and passed the assessment).
||Approved Course under the SAR Government "Continuing Education Development Program", Code: 1810321139-0
- This is one of the 4 modules of the “Professional Diploma Series in Managerial Skills Enhancement (MG40).” Individuals who have successfully completed all 4 modules within a two-year period can apply for a CPTTM Professional Diploma.