||HRM Professional Diploma Series: Performance Management
||Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the PMS (Performance Management System) process
- Identify challenges of PMS
- Know how to conduct performance planning
- Formulate performance objectives by using SMART principles
- Design effective performance appraisal form
- Master the skills in conducting performance appraisal meeting
- Understand different types of PMS
1. Key Concepts of Performance Management System (PMS)
2. Performance Management Challenges
- What is PMS?
- Objectives of PMS
- Wrong Concepts of PMS
- PMS Cycle
- Major PMS
3. Performance Planning
- Why do Staff Try to Avoid Performance Management?
- Appraisor Biases
- Criteria for Successful Performance Management
- Failure of Performance Management
- Importance of Performance Planning
- Process of Performance Planning
- Company's Vision and Core Values
- Job Descriptions & Profiles
- SMART principle for Setting Objectives
- Samples of SMART Objectives
- Performance Planning Meeting
4. Performance Appraisal|
5. Performance Appraisal Meeting
- Objectives of Performance Appraisal
- Objectives of Performance Development
- Dilemma of Individual Performance
- Types of Performance Appraisal
6. Designing a Performance Appraisal Form
- Steps of Performance Appraisal Meeting
- Skills in Conducting Performance Appraisal Meeting
- Do's and Don'ts of Performance Appraisal Meeting
7. Major PMS
- Objectives of Performance Appraisal Form
- Contents of Performance Appraisal Form
- Tips for Effective Performance Appraisal Form
- Samples of Performance Appraisal Form
- Management by Objectives (MBO)
- 360-degree Evaluation
- Assessment Centres
- Balanced Scorecard
||In-class exercises, assignments and exam
||This course is tailor-made for HR professionals. Managers/Supervisors involved in performance management planning, review and interview will also find this course useful.
||Priority will be given to individuals who are currently working in the field of human resources management.
||Trainer(s) from Synergy Plus Training and Consultancy Ltd
||Handouts in Chinese (supplemented with English terminology)
30 hours in 10 sessions
14:00-17:00, 17:30-20:30, from Jul 20, 2019 to Aug 17, 2019 every Saturday.
||CPTTM Head Office (Rua de Xangai 175, Edf. ACM 7 Andar, Macau)
||Certificate of Completion/Merit issued by CPTTM (with at least 80% attendance and passed the assessment).
||Approved Course under the SAR Government "Continuing Education Development Program", Code: 1901320251-0
- This is one of the six modules of the “Human Resources Management (HRM) Professional Diploma Series" (MG120). Individuals who have successfully completed all six modules within a two-year period can apply for a CPTTM Professional Diploma.