||Training Course for WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines
- Upon completion of the course, participants would have gained a comprehensive knowledge of wines, including wine tasting techniques, viticulture and vinification, wine laws and other factors impacting the principal wine-producing regions of the world.
- The wine tasting exercises will have an increased focus on describing the characteristics and evaluating the quality of wines, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- Participants will take the WSET Level 3 Examination (English Edition) at the end of the course and upon satisfactory passing the examination, will attain an internationally recognized WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the main characteristics of following:
- the principal types of still wines of the world
- the principal types of sparkling wines of the world, and
- fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality (with one food & beverage practice session)
WSET Level 3 Examination in Wines (English Edition)
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
||In-class performance, written examination (multiple choice); see “Remarks” for examination date
- Individuals in the business of wine trading and selling
- Owner-managers in the catering sector
- Individuals who would like to gain professional knowledge of wine
||Applicants are recommended to have already attained WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
Applicants must be:
||WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) Approved Educator, with over 13 years of management training experience in the catering and hospitality sectors
||Official WSET® Copyright Materials
||Handouts in English
- Saturday: 24 hours in 8 sessions
- Sunday: 24 hours in 8 sessions
- Total: 48 hours in 16 sessions
- Saturday: 11:00-13:00, 14:00-18:00, from Mar 9, 2019 to Apr 6, 2019 every Saturday, excluding Mar 30, 2019(Saturday).
- Sunday: 09:30-13:00, 14:00-16:30, from Mar 10, 2019 to Mar 31, 2019 every Sunday.
||CPTTM Head Office (Rua de Xangai 175, Edf. ACM 7 Andar, Macau)
- Completion certificate issued by CPTTM (for students who have attained at least 80% attendance and passed the CPTTM assessment) and
- Qualification certification awarded by the relevant public examination authority, if applicable.
||Approved Course under the SAR Government "Continuing Education Development Program", Code: 1810321886-0
- WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) is a British charity education institution; its qualifications in the fields of wine and spirits are formally recognized by the UK Government and is one of the qualifications widely recognized by practitioners internationally.
- CPTTM is a WSET Approved Programme Provider.
- Enrollment deadline: February 22, 2019
- Date of WSET Examination: Apr 6, 2019
- Participants who have passed the WSET® Level 3 Award in Wines Certificate cannot take this exam.