||Training Course for WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
- Upon completion of the course, participants would have gained a more in-depth understanding of grape varieties, climatic and winemaking influences, and how these impact the style and quality of wines from key regions.
- Through wine tasting exercises, participants would have enhanced their knowledge of applying the WSET® Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- Participants will take the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines Examination (English Edition) at the end of the course and upon satisfactory passing the examination, will attain an internationally recognized WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines
- How wine is produced
- Factors influencing the styles of wine
- The main white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions in the world where such grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- The label terminology
- The principles of pairing food and wine (with one food & beverage practice session included)
- How to describe wine using the WSET® Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines Examination in Wines (English Edition)
||In-class performance, written examination (multiple choice); see “Remarks” for examination date
- Individuals in the business of wine trading and selling
- Owner-managers in the catering sector
- Individuals who would like to gain professional knowledge of wine
||Applicants are recommended to have already attained WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
Applicants must be:
aged 18 years or above, with no allergy to wine and without any pre-existing heart or cardio-vascular medical conditions (please download and complete the Declaration Form)
Able to read and write English
||WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) Approved Educator, with over 13 years of management training experience in the catering and hospitality sectors
||Official WSET® Copyright Materials
||Courseware in English
20 hours in 8 sessions
11:00-13:00, 14:00-17:00, from Dec 29, 2019 to Jan 19, 2020 every Sunday.
||CPTTM Head Office (Rua de Xangai 175, Edf. ACM 7 Andar, Macau)
- Completion certificate issued by CPTTM (for students who have attained at least 80% attendance and passed the all assessment) and
- Qualification certification awarded by the relevant public examination authority, if applicable.
||Approved Course under the SAR Government "Continuing Education Development Program", Code: 1907320168-1
- WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) is a British charity education institution; its qualifications in the fields of wine and spirits are formally recognized by the UK Government and is one of the qualifications widely recognized by practitioners internationally.
- CPTTM is a WSET® Approved Programme Provider.
- This is a professional certification course. Students must meet the required attendance rate to participate in the exam.
- Participants who have passed the WSET® Level 2 Wines Certificate cannot take this exam.
- Enrollment deadline: December 10, 2019
- Date of WSET Examination: 11:00-12:00, February 2, 2020