||Training Course for WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
- Upon completion of the course, participants would have gained a more in-depth understanding of the main varieties of grapes and their regions, the factors influencing the styles of wine, the label terminology, the main categories of spirits and liqueurs and their production.
- Through wine tasting exercises, participants would have enhanced their knowledge of applying the WSET® Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- Participants will take the WSET Level 2 Examination (Traditional Chinese Edition) at the end of the course and upon satisfactory passing the examination, will attain an internationally recognized WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits
- How wine is produced
- Factors influencing the styles of wine
- The main white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions in the world where such grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet and fortified wines
- The label terminology
- The principles of pairing food and wine (with one food & beverage practice session included)
- The main categories of spirits and liqueurs and how they are produced
- How to describe wine using the WSET® Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
- WSET Level 2 Examination in Wines and Spirits (Traditional Chinese Edition)
||In-class performance, written examination (multiple choice); see “Remarks” for examination date
- Individuals in the business of wine trading and selling
- Owner-managers in the catering sector
- Individuals who would like to gain professional knowledge of wine
||Applicants are recommended to have already attained WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
Applicants must be:
aged 18 years or above, with no allergy to wine and without any pre-existing heart or cardio-vascular medical conditions (please download and complete the Declaration Form)
Able to read and write Chinese
||WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) Approved Educator, with over 13 years of management training experience in the catering and hospitality sectors
||Official WSET® Copyright Materials
||Handouts in Chinese (supplemented with English terminology)
20 hours in 10 sessions
11:00-13:00, 14:00-16:00, from Jan 6, 2019 to Feb 10, 2019 every Sunday, excluding Feb 3, 2019(Sunday).
||CPTTM Head Office (Rua de Xangai 175, Edf. ACM 7 Andar, Macau)
- Completion certificate issued by CPTTM (for students who have attained at least 80% attendance and passed the all assessment) and
- Qualification certification awarded by the relevant public examination authority, if applicable.
||Approved Course under the SAR Government "Continuing Education Development Program", Code: 1807321338-0
- WSET® (Wine & Spirit Education Trust) is a British charity education institution; its qualifications in the fields of wine and spirits are formally recognized by the UK Government and is one of the qualifications widely recognized by practitioners internationally.
- CPTTM is a WSET Approved Programme Provider.
- Enrollment deadline: December 19, 2018
- Date of WSET Examination: 11:00-12:15, February 17, 2019
- Participants who have passed the WSET® Level 2 Wine and Spirits Certificate cannot take this exam.