||Introduction to SAN and NAS
||It is difficult for entry level IT people to study SAN as it is usually a piece of mission critical equipment. This course is designed to address this issue. It introduces the key concepts in SAN (in particular, iSCSI SAN). It also provides hands-on opportunities working with SAN using an open source SAN appliance package OpenFiler.
To be complete, NAS is also covered.
- Introduction to the components in FC SAN and iSCSI SAN.
- Requirements on the network components.
- Mounting a SAN volume in Windows (using iSCSI as an example).
- Booting from a SAN volume (no lab).
- Setting up a SAN (using openfiler as an example).
- Creating a SAN volume with RAID1, 5 or 6.
- Controlling access to a SAN volume.
- Creating and using snapshots.
- Setting up a high availability SAN cluster.
- Setting up remote replication for disaster recovery.
- Creating a Samba share.
- Creating an NFS share.
||Quizzes, Labs and Exams.
||Entry level IT people who would like learn more about SAN and NAS.
||Having administered a network or an OS. Hard disk concepts. RAID. TCP/IP.
check the self-assessment
||Microsoft certified Trainer(MCT), Oracle Certifited Professional (OCP), a result-driven IT professional experienced in hardware & network troubleshooting. Certified in MCITP,CCNA, Oracle OCP and ITIL v3 qualification. Has been teaching for CPTTM since 2004.
||Handouts partly in Chinese and partly in English
18 hours in 6 sessions
19:00-22:00, from Feb 18, 2020 to Mar 5, 2020 every Tuesday, Thursday.
||Cyber-Lab (Rua Comandante Mata Oliveira, Ed. Associacao Industrial, 3-andar Macau)
||Certificate of Completion/Merit issued by CPTTM (with at least 80% attendance and passed the assessment).