||Introduction to Networks
||By the end of this course, students will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement IP addressing schemes. The student would be eligible to apply for the CCNA 200-120 certification exam after all 4 modules are finished.
Semester 1 :
- Understand and describe the devices and services used to support communications in data networks and the Internet
- Understand and describe the role of protocol layers in data networks
- Understand and describe the importance of addressing and naming schemes at various layers of data networks in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Design, calculate, and apply subnet masks and addresses to fulfill given requirements in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Explain fundamental Ethernet concepts such as media, services, and operations
- Build a simple Ethernet network using routers and switches
- Use Cisco command-line interface (CLI) commands to perform basic router and switch configurations
- The students have to pass the full course (Pass all the assessments with 80% attendance or above, and get at least 75/100 at the end of the Semester 4 final exam) to get a discount voucher from Cisco for the CCNA certification exam.
- We provide Cisco 28 and 29 series routers, 29 series switches for students for doing lab.
- For each semester, the average score of online module assessment is >= 60 and the score of online semester exam & practical exam for each semester is >= 60.
- Those who would like to acquire the networking skills to enter the IT industry;
- Those who would like to take the CCNA certification.
||Having basic knowlage of network or completed course CM457 CompTIA A+ Certification – ITE 5.0
Able to read English materials.
Please create an e-learning account and then do the self-assessment to check.
||Bachelor of Information Technology with a CCNA and CCNP certification, plus the practical experience in IT network project
||Original online CCNA courseware provided by Cisco
||Handouts in English
- Lecture: 24 hours in 8 sessions
- Lab A: 12 hours in 8 sessions
- Lab B: 12 hours in 8 sessions
- Total: 36 hours in 16 sessions
- Lecture: 19:00-22:00, from Nov 11, 2015 to Jan 13, 2016 every Wednesday, excluding Dec 23, 2015(Wednesday), Dec 30, 2015(Wednesday).
- Lab A: 19:00-20:30, from Nov 13, 2015 to Jan 15, 2016 every Friday, excluding Dec 25, 2015(Friday), Jan 1, 2016(Friday).
- Lab B: 20:30-22:00, from Nov 13, 2015 to Jan 15, 2016 every Friday, excluding Dec 25, 2015(Friday), Jan 1, 2016(Friday).
||Cyber-Lab (Rua Comandante Mata Oliveira, Ed. Associacao Industrial, 3-andar Macau)
||Certificate and letter issued by Cisco, certifying the completion status of the student (for students who have attained at least 80% attendance and passed the assessment).
- Approved Course under the SAR Government "Continuing Education Development Program", Code: 1204320085
- This is one of the semesters for the whole CCNA curriculum. According to the regulations of Cisco Networking Academy, students have to study the CCNA in the order: 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The requirement of both attendance of lecture and lab are at least 80%.